Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By EXEIdeas

Powered by Blogger.

ad

News update

Search Any School News

like

LIKE

WE LOVE YOUR COMMENT

Thursday, June 22, 2017

There is palpable fear at the Lagos State Model College, Kankon, Badagry, as kidnappers have threatened to abduct some pupils and staff members of the school.

It was learnt that the kidnappers sent two letters of the same content to the junior and senior sections of the college respectively.

This is just as the daughter of a councilorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in the Odi Olowo Local Council Development Association, Ilupeju, Bode Adeosun, was reportedly abducted.

The letters sent to Kankon were posted on the corridors leading to the offices of the two principals.

In the letters sighted by our correspondent, the kidnappers claimed responsibility for the abduction of six pupils of the Lagos State Model College, Igbonla, Epe, who had spent 28 days in captivity.

They vowed to abduct six pupils from Kankon, as well as the two principals of the college, boasting that nothing could stop them.
A copy of the letters read;

“Kidnappers are visiting the school the same way we did at Igbonla, Epe. We are going to capture three pupils from senior school and three from junior school. We are kidnapping both principals. 
“We are coming in two days’ time. No security put in place will stop us from gaining entry and fulfilling our mission as stated in this letter. Be expecting us!”
Our correspondent learnt that the letters were sent to the college about two weeks ago, while the security agencies and the state government were alerted.

Policemen and soldiers were said to have been deployed in the school.

However, when the ultimatum given by the suspects elapsed, the security presence around the school reportedly reduced, which caused panic.

Some parents, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said they had initially wanted to keep the threat secret, but decided otherwise due to the reduction in the number of operatives manning the school.

One of the parents said he had visited his ailing son, who is in Junior Secondary School, on Saturday, June 10, when he saw one of the letters.
“As I was passing by the principal’s office, I saw a notice and stopped to read it. I was shocked when I read the content. The principal was not around at that time, but I alerted some staff members present. 
“I informed the Parents Forum Association chairman, who contacted the school authorities. The government and security agencies had also been informed. 
“A large number of policemen and soldiers were initially deployed in the school. There were also security vans patrolling the school surroundings. 
“But when I went back four days after, the number of security men had reduced considerably. I saw only two policemen at the school gate.”
Another parent said he was at the school on Wednesday (yesterday) to assess the security situation, but was disappointed, urging the government to take the threat seriously.

He also lamented that the school fence was very low while there were bushes at the back of the premises, which could be exploited by the hoodlums. He said,
“Part of the bushes had been cleared upon the threat, but there are still a lot to be done. The school fence needs to be raised. There should be light around the fence for safety at night.”
A parent called for massive security around the school, saying some insiders could be aiding the hoodlums.

“There is a Nigerian Air Force base near the school; the threat should not be taken for granted,” she added.
Categories:


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque volutpat volutpat nibh nec posuere. Donec auctor arcut pretium consequat. Contact me 123@abc.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment